Friday 4 April 2014

I wish

I wish I had a broken leg
All wrapped up in a cast,
And crutches so that people know
Why I'm not moving fast.

I wish I had a blind man's cane
To tap before my path
So people near could warn me
Of the bumps and help me pass.

I wish I too had beads of courage
To look at every day
To remind me of each pill I've taken
And each doctors room I've cried.

Instead I stumble blindly through
Each rock, each hole, each wall.
Praying for just one more courage
To get up when I fall.

Instead I feel each judging eye
Slowly break my soul,
And force myself to smile back
As if nothing's wrong at all.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. you're so right. No one understands it because it is subjective and well, people are just ass shats.
    I gave you some love on my blog because I'd like to get to know more about you and want others to know you too :)
    http://www.makemommygosomethingsomething.com/2014/04/04/getting-to-know-you-ttot/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I had a good giggle reading yours and writing my own answers :)

      Delete