Wednesday 16 April 2014

I wish Part II


source: http://www.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/?view_mode=2&order=14&q=Self+Aware

It would be nice to have an illness,
that everyone could see
So that when I'm scared and tired
the reassurance wouldn't be,

But if you had the flu, a bug
or a broken bone inside your head,
would you or anyone else expect
that you should leave your bed?

I wish I had a fault that was easier to fix,
and a well researched and trialled dose
could save me from it's hits.

But when something's wrong inside your brain
it is all just in your head.
An insidious and deadly toll it takes on you instead,
and no on can tell by looking
that you're walking but are dead.

So no one sends you get well cards,
few people give you time
like they would if you were hospitaled
with broken bones, or flu of swine.

So instead you just stop telling where the pain you feel hides.
Because you yourself, know longer know's for sure where it lives inside.
You search for ways instead to feel something that is real
a physical sensation in a place your hands can feel.

Look a cut, see, here's my hurt.
See I'm not ok.
This pain is real, and feels more pleasant than what's standing in my way,
and you can tell by looking, that this pain is not ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment