Thursday 20 February 2014

Morose Ghost Round Two

So, Morose Ghost. I see you aren't done with me yet. I'd like to say it's good to see you, but it's really not. I don't like the way you trick me into thinking everything is great and that I'm doing awesome and no longer need the Morose-Ghost-Movers. I think it's mean that you wait until I've told them goodbye before you creep up and haunt me once more. 

MG it's an unfair advantage you have in this fight. The way you can sap my energy and make exhausted days last forever, yet steal my sleep at night.

Morose Ghost, I don't think it's fair that you can get into my head and make me think things that frighten me. That thought yesterday, you know the one, where you told me that if I vanished now my daughter wouldn't know any different and she'd never have to feel pain about it, that was cruel MG. That was unkind.

You are a tricky ghost, Morose. Each time you leave I truly believe that I've beaten you, that finally I've found your kriptonite, but then you sneak back up on me, just when things seem to be finally moving onwards and upwards. Just when I'm feeling like I can do this life thing, you tap me on the shoulder and whisper 'remember me?' But you needn't ask, Morose Ghost, I remember you far too well.

So you want to have this out with me yet again, do you MG? Well bring it on if you must. I'm battle worn and hardened by now. You may manage to wear me down some more this time round, perhaps I'll temporarily lose a little more spark and maybe you'll succeed in holding me hostage in my head and away from life outside for a time. But you wont won't be abke to keep me there for long, Morose Ghost. You will not beat me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment