Sunday 6 April 2014

All The Little Pieces

Enough with the morbid poetry! It's time to get up and go face the monster.

I was terrified to leave that wondrous place of respite, quiet and nothingness. Where I had nothing to do, and no expectation to do it. I was terrified to come home and for everything to be exactly as it was when I left. For me to be exactly as I was when I left.

NUMB.
CONFUSED.
DOWNRIGHT EXHAUSTED.

My little Bean learnt to sit up right before I left. I, of course, was upset that I didn't feeling excited about it. I was too confused to feel anything but angry about the fact that she had chosen to do that then. Right then. Right when I was an unfeeling blob of tears and confusion.

Wrong time, Baby!

But now, I'm home. And finally, tentatively, slowly, a little bit afraid, but very very surely, all the little pieces of me are falling back where they belong.

Last night I held my Bean and made her laugh and sigh and giggle giggle giggle. And I giggled back, because it was just so delightful.

I accidentally woke her from a just-put-down-nap, because I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her on her tiny nose. (cue unhappy husband)

And just like a child clapping for 'I do believe in fairies', all the little pieces which make me me,  slowly but surely, dropping back into place.




Plus LOOK - Kimberley at www.makemommygosomethingsomething.com gave me an award!
Liebtser


So time to pay it forward:
The rules to accept the award:
  1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award. CHECK
  2. Answer ten questions the blogger gives you. CHECK
  3. Give ten random facts about yourself. CHECK
  4. Nominate ten blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
  5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
  6. Give them ten questions to answer.
My nominations are super fabulous bloggers that I love:
  1. Emma White - Mentalhealthforparents.com Because she is super active online, and is extremely inspirational.
  2. JulieRoo  http://juliesnotebook.co.uk/ - because I want to know more about her and she keeps tweeting my posts which I LOVE!
  3. The Nomadic Family  http://thenomadicfamily.com/ Because their blog is really interesting, I REALLY want to know more about them and plus, they keep retweeting my posts too.
  4. A.J Fitzwater http://pickledthink.blogspot.co.nz/ Because she is a super talented writer and I hope to be like her one day!
  5. Kiran Chug  http://mummysays.net/ because she was my initial inspiration to start blogging, she seems to appear everywhere and I'd love to get to her blogging level one day

I know this is only 5 bloggers - but I am relatively knew to this and have yet to discover more bloggers.
My questions to answer.
1.Are you that guy in your neighborhood who feeds the wildlife?
Does wildlife include neighbourhood kids who are looking for odd jobs to raise money for gymnastics classes? Then Yes.

2. Where do you write? (10 bonus points if you admit that one of those places is the bathroom. Don’t lie. We all do it.)
In Bed, In front of the tv, In the BATH - does that count? Sometimes, I swear I am writing when I am asleep....

3. My New Year’s Resolution was “More thongs, less yoga pants”. What was yours and are you sticking to it?
Mine was to publish a book AND write a novel. I've so far published a book (yay) see top of blog. But the novel.....working on it.

4. Lucky Charms for breakfast or are you one of those “I like my heart” kind of people?
Pretty sure I've never seen Lucky Charms in NZ - soooooo, I guess I'm an "I like my heart" kind of person.

5. What are your thoughts on global warming? Kidding. Do you like pizza? Some people don’t like pizza and those people cannot be trusted.
mmmmmmmmm, Pizzzaaaaaaa. But not with anchovies!

6. What is your favourite colour and have you used that colour (or a variation of it) to paint your walls?
Green. But Vibrant Lime green. Not that gross army green, or murky green, or even perky green. I would definitely paint my walls this colour if I actually owned my house

7. What do you look forward to in the spring?
Daffodils. Lambs. Baby birds. Those happy happy spring feelings.

8Is there a piece of jewelry that you wear every day? Is there any significance to it?
The only piece of jewellery I wear everyday, is my wedding ring. Everything else is fair game for the Bean if I am wearing it. Sad face

9. Cold pillow or warm pillow and are you a pillow flipper in the middle of the night?
COLD COLD COLD! I will definitely flip if necessary.

10.Favourite picture of you and why?

Because it's me and my siblets all in one place having a great ol' time!


Ten Random Facts About Myself.
  1. I always sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door.
  2. I sing - all the time - not kidding. Mostly disney or Les miserables.
  3. I love Les miserables, and will enter into major arguments if someone disses it.
  4. I have only seen Les Mis live once :(
  5. I read the entire three volumes Lord of the Rings to impress a boy. He didn't even notice.
  6. I clearly didn't learn my lesson because I took physics in high school for a the same reason. (different guy)
  7. This backfired terribly as I failed to understand any of the basic concepts and just felt stupid.
  8. I wanted to be the first woman to walk on the moon.
  9. I go into media lockdown if I can't watch the academy awards live.
  10. I have recovered from serious Social Anxiety Disorder, thought I was free of anxiety disorders full stop, then was diagnosed as bipolar II 2 weeks ago. YAY ME.

Ten Questions For My Nominated Bloggers.


  1. What do you like best about where you live?
  2. Why did you start blogging?
  3. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be and why?
  4. What are you doing while you answer these questions?
  5. If you could travel to any other country which one would you go to and why?
  6. What are you most afraid of?
  7. Are you a cat or a dog person?
  8. Are you a winter or summer person and why?
  9. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
  10. What is your least favourite colour and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment