Monday 8 April 2013

Things I never expected when I was expecting

My anxiety has fluctuated greatly over the past couple of months. One moment I feel fine, like I can handle all these changes and uncertainties like a pro! The next, I look in the mirror, see my spotty skin and growing waistline and freak out. Thoughts like "I can't do this, get me off!" are not uncommon in our household at those moments. It doesn't help that I feel completely useless next to my superhero husband who has started doing the groceries, making tea, doing the dishes, the laundry, and still managing to work and rehearse his show, all while I battle the urge to eat an entire box of coco pops, struggle to get off the couch, and can barely keep my eyes open during the day, yet lay awake all night. Basically, I have become a useless and incompetent incubator who no longer fits anything, or can walk anywhere for longer than half an hour without having to sit down. I do buy him lots of presents to show him how grateful I am, but it doesn't feel like enough. He says it's fine, but I don't believe it is. I only hope that I can show him how amazing he is and pull through this pregnancy without too many anxious meltdowns!


The top 10 things I never expected when I was expecting (other than how amazing my husband would be).
16 weeks edition
  1. My cute tiny feet would grow.
  2. My hair would fall out...I thought it was supposed to stop falling out at all!
  3. How quickly I would no longer fit my clothes.
  4. How ravenously hungry you can be after eating all day, and how sick being hungry can make you feel.
  5. ...I can't quite remember this one......Baby brain! (It's a real thing).
  6. That food aversion is just as real as food craving.
  7. At the start, it hurts when you cough, it hurts when you sneeze, it hurts when you laugh
  8. Suddenly women everywhere are dying to tell your their pregnancy stories, their birth stories, in fact, any stories.
  9. How sore your boobs can get.....even going over speed bumps was TORTURE.
  10. That I'd stop being so afraid of labour - the thought of not being pregnant is just too good!

and the added bonus thing: 
  1. How many weird dreams of trying to crawl through tiny spaces I would start having....hmmmm.
  2. oh, did I mention how amazing my husband would be?


No comments:

Post a Comment