Tuesday 19 March 2013

Hands Off!

Just a note.
No woman I have ever met, likes having her tummy touched.
Not by family, not by friends, and not by strangers!
I don't know why this changes for some women when they are pregnant, but it hasn't changed for me!

Besides, at just about 13 weeks, I am somewhat offended that I am 'showing' at all.  I've spent years trying to hide my tummy, get rid of it, dress it up so it's disguised, and now what? I'm supposed to just be ok with it? Just like that?!

I don't think so.

I may well be in denial, but I don't think the belly I currently have is a baby bump. It's certainly not 'cute' as people are suddenly claiming. Pretty sure it's just a result of having to constantly eat to avoid throwing up. So telling me I am showing already, feels pretty much the same as it did when people asked if I was pregnant BEFORE I was pregnant.

Basically, I need a t shirt that say "Yes. I'm Pregnant. No. You cannot touch it!"

SMILE! BREATHE! Quickly move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment