Monday 5 May 2014

Letter From Bean

Dear Mummy,
I have had to enforce some new rules around mealtimes, as things are getting out of hand, and I think you should know what they are.

Number 1
I WILL hold the spoon, Mummy. I don't care if I don't end up getting food on it just yet. Does it really matter? I mean, I get the food everywhere else, today I even made a special effort and got it on the wall, so I think it only fair for you that I at least keep the spoon clean.

Number 2
I won't drink that water stuff from a bottle or one of those stupid sippy cups, they are for babies. If you could keep giving me water from a cup that would be great. You will have to hold it though, as my hands are usually too slippery from all the food. You are doing an ok job at that, Mummy, but not yesterday. You should be more careful, I can't drink all that at once!

Number 3
Please stop trying to get me to eat that savoury stuff, Mummy. Why can't we just stick with the fruit and the custard? I know you have been mixing the custard with the savoury, and I guess that's fine. I'll accept that as a worthy compromise. But really, Mummy, can't we just do that from the start? It's tiring having to keep my mouth closed so tight for so long. I thought you'd have learnt by now.

Number 4
Why, Mummy, WHY must you wipe my face after EVERY MEAL? It's AWFUL! I don't understand why you do it, Mummy. My face just gets dirty again. It doesn't seem worth the trauma. PLEASE STOP!

Are we clear?
I think it's time for one of those chocolate biscuit things, I saw that there were more in that packet.

Thanks, Mummy,
Bean



4 comments:

  1. Love it - probably just what she is thinking. This could turn into a little children's book Jess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at our house Monday night/ Tuesday is Grandma daycare. We have our 20 month old granddaughter and I think she thinks like your beautiful girl.......................HATES having her face wiped!!!

    ReplyDelete