Monday 6 January 2014

An Insight

Yesterday things went pretty well. I was planning to blog about how my hair has finally started falling out, apparently that happens after you have a baby. A wonderful hormonal side effect which is delayed if you are breastfeeding. Along with everything else, apparently.

But I am so tired. Little Bean is making a horrible whining, whingy sound which isn't a cry, or a grumble, or anything. I honestly have no idea why she is making it. She sounds incredibly tired, which doesn't surprise me, she hasn't slept much lately. Overnights appear to have gone backwards from good long stretches of up to 6 or 7 hours on a good night, to three hours if you're lucky. Yet she won't sleep. I've tried everything. Feeding, cuddling, leaving her, walking, patting, playing, changing nappies, yes dummy, no dummy and probably something not listed here.

So here is a video. So you can share my pain. Be warned, it shows the really glamorous side of parenting.




NB: I lied. I was in fact, half dressed, I had however been interrupted during the process, and was therefore still half not dressed.

30 minutes later: Wouldn't you know it. I put her in her bouncer and she's happy as Larry. There is no reason to this madness.

5 minutes later: Oh wait. Not happy anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment