Saturday 2 August 2014

Nappies

A week ago, this happened.


For those of you of the international persuasion, Pams is the non-branded brand of 'things'. They make the cheap versions, and are just one step up from 'Budget' who are the really cheap option.

As you can tell, I was horrified by this. I had horrible visions of the nappies falling apart. Of having to change them hourly. Of nappy rash to rival the black plague. Of having to change the cot linen every single morning!


After days, and days of telling everyone I could find how INHUMAN my husband had become, and exchanging tales of foreboding with everyone from the staff at the preschool to my Mum, I finally finished the bag of beautiful Treasures Nappies, and was forced to use....

...a Pams.

"You're on morning nappy duty." I smugly informed the Husband. Knowing without a doubt that he would instantly regret his thrifty purchase. Revelling in my self righteous wisdom on the superiority of the Treasures.

Morning came, and in typical fashion, the Husband did not 'get around' to changing her nappy before running out the door late as usual, and it was with a sinking heart and an increasing sense of despair that I shuffled half asleep into the nursery.

What I saw, absolutely defied explanation.


The sheets were dry. 

Her pyjamas were dry.

Her nappy was full to exploding, but it was still DRY!!

Well, world. I am forced to eat humble pie, and it is a bitter, bitter taste.

It has been a full week now, and I have not had a nappy fall apart. I haven't had to change her any more often than usual. She has not died of nappy rash. She doesn't wake up wet, and I haven't had to change the cot linen even once.

This week, I was the one who did the groceries. When I made it to the nappy aisle, I found myself reaching for a pack of Pams Nappies.

Because, at half the price, why wouldn't you?





1 comment: