Saturday 30 August 2014

Getting Sick

In the past three weeks, my daughter has only made it to daycare on average once every three days. In fact, I've lost count of exactly how many times she's been in, because I'd swear that every time she returns, I get a phone-call mere hours later requesting that I pick her up.

Of course, whenever I see the centre's number on my phone now, I feel my heart skip a beat.

Seeing that number means a 48 hour exclusion.
48 hours before she can return to the centre.
10 hours of paid for childcare we aren't able to use.
2 days and nights of having a frustratingly happy, and healthy baby at home.

And then the weekends come, and she really is sick!

We've had four, maybe five trips to the after hours surgery in the past three weeks. Thank God for free doctors visits for kids. Thank God for healthline, we really should just put them on speed dial.

We've had chest infections, fevers, vomiting, hand-foot-and mouth disease, another stomach bug, a days respite and then straight onto the next round.

I am immune to vomit. And starting to question whether it's worth keeping her enrolled in daycare at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment