Friday 21 February 2014

Breast Is Best!

This, is what greeted me when I went to look up some information on whether you can store a made-up bottle of formula in the fridge or not.

I mean seriously, I had to click 'I accept' in order to continue into the site to access the information I was looking for. Thank god I didn't go to the official Heinz Nurture Formula website before I was finally ok with my decision to stop breastfeeding. This probably would have prolonged my misery and Little Beans frustration. If that weren't enough, there is even this important notice on the formula tin:

Just in case we didn't already know.

With all these warnings being forcibly shoved down our throats, how is one able to jump to any conclusion other than 'formula is dangerous'. Clearly, I shouldn't even think about feeding it to my Baby unless I have spoken with a doctor first. It must be far more dangerous than anyone lets on, oh hang on, they do let on. They let on that it's far more dangerous than it can possibly be. Because if it was really this dangerous then it would be illegal.

What should be illegal, is all this vitriol and endless in-your-face campaign to promote breast-feeding at the expense of all else. Yes, for those who have no problems breastfeeding, then that is the best thing by far. But if you are one of the unlucky ones - who by the way, would have lost their child, or resorted to cows milk or even found a wet nurse in the past - then the mental angst that results from your inability to breastfeed without issue, means that you are made to suffer unnecessarily, when there is a more than ok alternative to feed your little one.


Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment