Wednesday 11 December 2013

My Bald Baby

My Baby Girl has a lot of hair.

Super Cute Little Bean


Good. Now that that's out of the way I feel I can move on with my life.

Me in Paris

No!

Apparently I CAN NOT move on with my life, no more than I can claim that the above photo was taken in Sweet Paris. Nope, not until I have been alerted to the unusual amount of hair on her head by, oh I don't know, how 'bout

Every.

Single. 

Person.


Here are some things people have suggested I say, as a way to make it more interesting for myself.

Typical interaction.
Stranger/acquaintance: "Look at all that hair!"
Me: "Yes, she does have rather a lot."


Suggested interactions.

Stranger/acquaintance: "Look at all that hair!"
Me: "It's a wig."

Stranger/acquaintance: "Look at all that hair!"
Me: "Yeah, can't wait for it to get a bit longer so I can cut it into a mullet to match her daddy. At least, we think that's her daddy, the other guy was bald so..."

Stranger/acquaintance: "Look at all that hair!"
Me: "Really? Oh, now that you mention it..."

Stranger/acquaintance: "Look at all that hair!"
Me: "What? OMG I took the wrong baby AGAIN!"

What I enact in my head.

Stranger/acquaintance: "Look at all that hair!"
Me: *cue manic laughter and something synonymous with a stabbing motion*


So yes, my 13 week old Little Bean looks like a tiny adult already, and receives an awful lot of attention. I've managed to master the art of keeping moving and nodding politely whilst muttering said curse under my breath, but some women (and yes it is almost always women) are un-seemingly persistent. Apparently blind to the unfriendly (and often downright hostile) body language, and deaf to the not so subtle tones of 'leave me alone'. 

And so ends, the entry of the Little Bean with lots of hair and the *cough* semi insane mother.









2 comments:

  1. I just want to say how gappy I am to have found your blog! I, too, am a teacher with GAD and am absolutely horrified at the idea of bearing a child. When I stumbled across it the other day, I read through your first two trimesters in one sitting. You have given me the hope I needed to at least start thinking about having a baby, though Hubby would rather wait. While I won't point out your daughter's obvious amount of hair, I will address the obvious fact that she has been blessed with so much beauty! Congrats on surviving to this point and thank you for blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! In fact, you timed it very well as this morning I was having a moment of 'why have I put all that stuff out there. nobody cares, I should take it all down now' anxiety. Good luck with your own journey (yes it is terrifying, but you will be fine) and have a wonderful christmas xx

      Delete