Saturday 6 July 2013

10 Surprising Uses For Stomach Muscles

They say you never miss it till it's gone. So believe me, the use of my stomach muscles is now definitely gone! I challenge you to tie a 3 kilo bag of something to your middle for a day, and then, try to do all these things :) Have fun!

#10 - Vacuuming

So much twisting, turning, reaching for plugs, pushing and pulling....

#9 - Putting on Shoes

When there is a bump this big in your way? Good luck!

#8 - Shaving your legs

See above. I'm not deliberately trying to return to my primitive roots, I promise.

#7 - Carrying anything heavier than a plate

Currently still possible....just. Tending to drag things behind me where possible. 

#6 - Reaching up high

Things are increasingly being moved to lower shelves in our house. It looks like hobbits live here.

#5 - Putting on pants/socks/stockings/underwear

Ha. Ha. Ha.

#4 - Tying shoe laces

I gave up on this weeks ago. I only wear things that have zips or slip on easily now. 

#3 - Getting off (or out of) the couch/bed/bath/car

I am stubbornly still refusing hubby's generous and concerned offers for help with this. Stupid, stupid pride! Apparently I feel better acting (and sounding) like a stuck seal, than accepting help and getting up somewhat gracefully. (Not sure how much longer I can keep it up though).


#2 - Rolling over in bed

This now takes careful planning, kind of like a 7 point turn in a car, and I MUST be awake for it. Apparently.


#1 - Laughing, coughing, sneezing

Pain. Pain. Pain. Oh, and Poise of course. Thanks Poise.


No comments:

Post a Comment