Saturday 5 July 2014

Death of a Stroller

Dear Stroller People,

13 months ago I purchased a strider 3 stroller from an unnamed store in Christchurch Canterbury. It's been a great stroller, it did everything I needed and wanted a stroller to do. 

However, just on 3 months ago, something started clicking in the left wheel. At first we thought nothing of it, we figured out that we simply had to push the break lever up a bit more securely to stop the clicking from happening.

But over the 3 months it has gone from a semi irritating click that we were able to stop from happening, to an unfixable, insanity causing, incessant clicking from which there is simply no escape! 

I finally reached the point last week where I am actually unwilling to take my now 10-month-old out in the stroller, because the clicking from the wheel is absolutely horrendous. I swear you can hear us coming half-way down the road, and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

We took it back to the store - receipt in hand this morning, realising that we had unfortunately just passed the one year date a mere 3 weeks ago, yet hoping nonetheless that perhaps, the store would be able to help us out and either replace it or fix it. Of course, we were out of luck, and so I am writing to you.

This was a $600 stroller. I had intended to use it until my daughter could no longer fit in it. But apparently, that is not going to happen, because I am being aurally tortured every time I use it.

We have only been using it for 10 months. I am thoroughly disappointed that it has rendered itself unusable in such a short amount of time.

Until now, I had been recommending it to all my baby friends, as it is such a fantastic stroller. But now, I just want to through it away.

I don't know what sort of warrantee or guarantee you have as the supplier or manufacturer of this stroller, but if there is anything you can do, that would be eternally appreciated. As a new family who have had to go down to one income, buying a new stroller is not something that is going to affect us lightly.

Sincerely,
A frustrated mum

2 comments:

  1. So pleased to find you! I read your breastfeeding story on Stuff - awful experience! I'm an Anxiety Girl myself and haven't been able to have children because of the medication and eternal anxiety filled life. I still have an awesome life, but day to day it can be a battle and sometimes I can get really unwell. I still manage to work as a teacher full time. I love blogging too. Oh and curses to the stroller people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poppy! Great to have you here :) We sound like we are leading scarily parallel lives. What is your blog address? And yes, anxiety is an underestimated life destroyer! hang in there, I hope my stories can maybe give you hope that you CAN do what you want in your life in spite of it - although it sure isn't easy! xxx

    ReplyDelete