Friday 6 February 2015

The Best Time

I have decided, that right now, is the best time in my life.

I am pretty sure that right now, is the time I will look back on and remember most fondly. That this will be when I was happiest, that life may not get much better than what it is right now.

I say this, because, although I get frustrated and bored and lonely and angry and just downright grumpy as usual, things are pretty darn ok.

The little one is no longer 100% dependant on me for everything. She is fun to play with, she loves to hug and she even gives the odd big sloppy kiss. Let me tell you, kisses from your kid are as close to heaven as you can get, in my humble opinion. Sure, she throws tantrums regularly, but they are short lived and she hasn't yet started to answer back or proclaim her hatred of us. I can see why people decide to have another kid when theirs around this age - but I must admit, my memories of having a new born haven't blurred enough to persuade me just yet!

I have enough singing students coming through to keep me sane, in contact with teens and adults daily and to make ends meet. The psychologist has a job he appears to love and so he comes home relatively happy on most days.

It's been a fantastic summer, with a brilliant family beach-bach holiday thrown in over new years, and the good weather has ensured we get in lots of fun family bike rides at weekends.

Perhaps that's why I am not writing so regularly? Because, who wants to write about how great things are, when you can close the computer and live it?




No comments:

Post a Comment